Robert Mihalich, M.D.
Dr. Mihalich is a specialist in advanced surgery of the foot and ankle (view Dr. Mihalich's welcome video). He has recently completed a prestigious fellowship with Dr. James Brodsky in Dallas, Texas in order to bring the highest quality care and latest techniques to the patients of the Livingston County area. Dr. Mihalich's primary interest and expertise lies in the field of disorders of the foot and ankle, but his extensive training at the University of Vermont has prepared him well for most general orthopedic problems.
Prior to attending medical school in Boston, Dr. Mihalich was trained as a physical therapist at the University of Vermont. He practiced as a therapist in Northern Virginia for three years. This experience has given him a unique perspective on the total care of the patient. From clinic to surgery to rehabilitation, Dr. Mihalich has the training and experience to help the patient obtain an optimal result.
Dr. Mihalich grew up in the Detroit area and worked at the Brighton Cinemas while in high school. He is happy to be back in his hometown with his wife and two children.
Hospital Staff Privileges
- Woodland Health Center, Brighton, MI
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Howell, MI
- St. John Providence Hospital, Southfield and Novi, MI
- The Bone and Joint Surgery Center of Novi, Novi, MI
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, Baylor University Medical Center/University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.
- Residency, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont.
- Internship Department of Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont.
- Medical Education, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Undergraduate Education, University of Vermont Burlington, Vermont, B.S., Physical Therapy.
- Kuhlman Resident Research Award, 2005- Given yearly to the resident with the best research project.
- American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leader Program, 2005- Selected from fourth year orthopedic residents for qualities exhibited for future leaders in orthopedics.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2000- Honor society for the top 20% of the medical school graduates.
- Mihalich, R.M., Early, J.S. Cuboid Crush Injuries, FOOT AND ANKLE CLINICS, March, 2006.
- Mihalich, R.M., Incavo, S.J., Martell, J.M., Coughlin, K. and Beynnon, B., Simultaneous Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty Using a Cementless Stem , AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDICS, April, 2005.
- Incavo, S.J., Mihalich, R.M., Coughlin, K., A Stem-Allograft Composite for Revision in Total Hip Arthroplasty , Journal of Arthroplasty, December, 2003.
- Mihalich, R.M., Achilles Tendinopathy. Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds. Burlington, Vermont, March 2005.
- Mihalich, R.M., Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus. Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds. Burlington, Vermont, February 2004.
- Mihalich, R.M., Incavo, S.J., Martell, J.M., Coughlin, K. and Beynnon, B., Simultaneous Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty Using a Cementless Stem. New England Orthopaedic Society Spring Meeting. Basin Harbor, Vermont, May 2003.
- Mihalich, R.M., Hallux Valgus: Review of Evaluation, Treatment and Outcomes. Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds. Burlington, Vermont, December 2002.
- Mihalich, R.M., Physical Therapy Modalities: Inside the Black Box.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds. Burlington, Vermont, January 2002.
- Golf, running, hiking, gourmet cooking, movies